My name is Chloe Goddard, I am an integrative counsellor based in Sheffield and I will work with you to help you overcome the difficulties you are experiencing.
I am an integrative counsellor and I use the three main proven approaches used within counselling – psychodynamic, person-centred (sometimes referred to as humanistic) and cognitive-behavioural. This gives you more choice and, in turn, creates the flexibility to flow with the different ways to move towards your personal goals.
I hold an advanced diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling from CPPD in London. I have experience working as a counsellor for mental health, bereavement and gambling organisations. I am trained by Tavistock Relationships to support couples as they plan their retirement.
What is counselling and psychotherapy?
I offer counselling for, both short term and long term in Sheffield and the surrounding areas. Counselling sets out to understand the underlying causes of a wide range of difficulties, which may sometimes be linked to a particular experience.
The aim of the counselling is lasting psychological change, brought about through increased insight. These changes include:
• Becoming more able to feel, identify and express emotions.
• Making connections (e.g. between feelings and behaviours or past and present experiences).
• Gaining a greater understanding of behaviours.
• Learning about alternative ways to process and express emotions.
• Re-evaluating perceptions and past experiences, this often leads to people becoming more self-accepting.
I can help you work through and overcome:
- Eating-related problems
- Childhood sexual abuse
- Difficult relationships
- Past traumatic events
- Domestic violence
- Difficulties in relationships
Counselling and Psychotherapy can help you make sense of thoughts, feeling and ways of relating to yourself and others. All work is confidential.
I’m listed on Click For Therapy