My name is Chloe Goddard, I am an integrative counsellor based in Sheffield and I will work with you to help you overcome the difficulties you are experiencing.
I hold a diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling from CPPD in London. I have experience working as a counsellor for mental health, bereavement and gambling organisations.
What is counselling and psychotherapy?
I offer counselling for, both short term and long term in Sheffield and the surrounding areas. Counselling sets out to understand the underlying causes of a wide range of difficulties, which may sometimes be linked to a particular experience.
The aim of the counselling is lasting psychological change, brought about through increased insight. These changes include:
• Becoming more able to feel, identify and express emotions.
• Making connections (e.g. between feelings and behaviours or past and present experiences).
• Gaining a greater understanding of behaviours.
• Learning about alternative ways to process and express emotions.
• Re-evaluating perceptions and past experiences, this often leads to people becoming more self-accepting.
I can help you work through and overcome:
- Eating-related problems
- Childhood sexual abuse
- Difficult relationships
- Past traumatic events
- Domestic violence
- Difficulties in relationships
Counselling and Psychotherapy can help you make sense of thoughts, feeling and ways of relating to yourself and others. All work is confidential.